Faculty interested in having the Center for Teaching Excellence and the Office of Engaged Scholarship & Learning review their course will need to submit an official service learning designation application. To complete this form, you will need:

  • Course details (course number, title, and CRN for each course section to be designated, class meeting style)
  • Semester(s) which course is usually taught with service learning
  • Community partner details (who identifies - student or faculty, service learning project themes, community partner themes)
  • A syllabus for the course

Summer and Fall courses - March 1
Spring courses - October 1
For questions, please contact the Center for Teaching Excellence at cte@utrgv.edu. 

Engaged Scholarship & Learning at UTRGV